Certified Financial Planner Sophia Bera joins us to answer common questions millennials have about money and personal finance, including how to improve your financial situation and prioritize your financial goals.
In this episode you will learn:
- What steps you can take to get your finances in order, start saving, and paying off debt.
- How to work with a financial planner and the common financial decisions a planner can help you with, such as how to manage your student loans, get out of credit card debt, and enroll in your company’s 401K retirement account.
- How and when to start saving for retirement and how much to save.
- How to start investing outside of a retirement account.
- When to rent vs. buy a home, and when’s the right time to buy a home.
- Important money lessons you should have learned, but probably didn’t.
- What actions you can take before the end of the year to reduce your taxes for 2015.
- How to be proactive in your career and increase your income with a side hustle.
To learn more about Sophia and her services, visit genyplanning.com.
A Big Thank You
We made it to 50 episodes! Thank you for supporting This Weird Thing Called Life. We hope that through the show we have encouraged you as a young adult to take steps toward improving your life and ultimately living the life you want. If you’ve learned something from listening to the show, we would love to hear from you. Shoot us an e-mail, chat with us on Twitter or Facebook, or rate and review the show on iTunes or Stitcher.