Does the start of the new year have you thinking about finding a new job? Both David Jay and I recently started new jobs, and in this episode we discuss actions you can take to get the job you want in 2016. The suggested tactics have helped us advance our careers and move into new positions. If you’re interested in working for the federal government, David Jay offers job search tips and covers some of the perks of being a federal government employee. As a former consultant, I shed light on working on government contracts.
In this episode you will learn:
- Four important things you should do to find your next job—determine your ideal position, tell everyone you know that you’re looking for a job, gain the skills and credentials to make you a great candidate for the job you want, and connect with people in the industry online and offline.
- How to start a federal government job search.
- What it’s like to be a federal government employee.
- How to gain government work experience without being a government employee.
Past Career-Related Episodes
- Get Hired or Die Tryin’ – Interview With Dr. Gregory Canillas, Assistant Professor – TWTCL 029
- How to Network Effectively With Networking Coach Michelle Ngome – TWTCL 030
- Breaking the Career Rut With Career Coach Cachet Prescott – TWTCL 047
Connect With Us
What’s the status of your job search? Tell us in the comments. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or TuneIn, so you’ll be the first to know when new episodes are released every other Tuesday.